our new chat series where we discuss all things ALL SOULS and anything else that feeds our soul…
Season 2 Trailer (official)
Sooo, you can read the official Sundance Now press release below, or you can get our take on Season 2; Matthew (Matthew Goode) and Diana (Teresa Palmer) jump back in time then change…into really cool clothes, while in search of The Book of Life.
- Matt and Diana heat up – figuratively and actually – when Diana comes into her power and Matthew becomes all the rage *wink*.
- Hottie Marcus (Ed Bluemel) gets even hotter when beautiful Pheobe (Adelle Leonce) enters the scene(s).
- Christopher Marlow (Tom Hughes) is all in his feelings…a man born to have sense shaken into him!
- Aunt Em (Valarie Pettiford) is pure magic.
- Phillippe (James Purefoy) is…*sigh* keeping it PG
- And Gallowglass (Steven Cree) … our beloved Gallowglass…in all his hair and badassness glory *swoon*.
- Oh and beautiful sets, breathtaking locations, spine tingling baby-making music* (as if Rob Lane‘s isn’t emotive enough), and costumes that are out of this world (1590 to be precise).
*baby-making music (with a hypnotic video)
New Cast for Season 2
Sundance Now Press Release (official)
Season two finds Matthew (Matthew Goode) and Diana (Teresa Palmer) hiding in time in the fascinating and treacherous world of Elizabethan London – here they must find a powerful witch teacher to help Diana control her magic and search for the elusive Book of Life. Matthew and Diana’s romance faces a barrage of new threats; Diana’s unleashed magic takes a dark and frightening turn, while Matthew struggles to re-inhabit the dangerous life he led over four centuries ago. They must overcome deep personal fears and jealousies, bearing their darkest secrets to one another if they are to stay alive, stay together and find a way back to present day.
While Matthew and Diana hide out in Elizabethan London, back in present day, Diana’s beloved aunts, Sarah (Alex Kingston, Doctor Who, ER) and Em (Valarie Pettiford, Half & Half, Family Business), must take shelter with notorious witch hunter Ysabeau de Clermont (Lindsay Duncan, The Honourable Woman) at her ancestral home, Sept-Tours. Meanwhile, in Oxford, Marcus (Edward Bluemel, Killing Eve, Sex Education) and Miriam (Aiysha Hart, Line of Duty) take on Matthew’s mantle to protect daemons Nathaniel (Daniel Ezra, All American) and Sophie (Aisling Loftus, War & Peace), whose pregnancy is advancing. And Gerbert (Trevor Eve, Waking the Dead), Knox (Owen Teale, Game of Thrones), Satu (Malin Buska, The Girl King) and Domenico (Gregg Chillin, Da Vinci’s Demons) are determined to hunt down every clue they can to Diana’s and Matthew’s disappearance, and the secrets their allies are keeping from them.
Also starring James Purefoy (Rome, Pennyworth, Sex Education), Steven Cree (Outlander, Cobra, The Little Princess), and Adelle Leonce (Black Mirror) as new characters introduced in Season 2. (Sundance Now press release)
We do not own the rights to the photos used. No copyright infringement intended.